We have formed a Patient Participation Group (PPG) at Balmore Park Surgery. Currently the Group has around 20 members, a mix of men and women, aged from 18 through to 80+. The Group consists of a cross section of our patient list with a Chairman, Vice Chair and Secretary. Meetings are held every two months on a Wednesday evening at the Practice.
The Group is free to identify its own priorities for discussion and liaison with the practice team.
The aims of the PPG are to:
- Work with the GPs and practice staff to improve local services and the quality of care
- Improve communications between the Practice and patients
- Promote health and wellbeing (e.g. aiding with the staging of public talks)
- Help identify ways in which the Practice can best respond to patient needs
- Ensure the Practice remains accountable to patients
- Contribute the to the local Clinical Commissioning Group to help shape the local provision of NHS services
- Monitor the effects of any service changes as they are implemented.
If you wish to sign up to our PPG, please ask for a sign up form at reception, or contact Eiliis McCarthy, Practice Manager.